Monday, October 17, 2011

Bowling




Friday night I finally delivered on a promise that I made long ago to my son. We live about 2 stone throws and a hop skip away from a bowling alley. Everytime we drive by Maddox asks

me, "daddy, can we go bowling there next day?" I always respond, "yes, we will go soon." That's been going on since he was old enough to talk. I finally made good on my promise. It was a very nice time, minus Maddox smashing his hand with a bowling ball as he tried to pick it up, and him running to the arcade everytime his turn was over, and him throwing a huge fit when I tried to take off his bowling shoes. Those must have been the most comfortable shoes ever, because he would not remove them. I almost needed a crowbar to take them off, and then he cried about it for a good 15 minutes. I contemplated buying them from the bowling alley. I decided against it when I thought of adding a bowling shoe addiction to his tank top addiction. I would probably lose what custody I do have of him, if that ever happened. Anyways, we probably won't make it back to the bowling alley for quite some time, but at least I was able to follow through on my promise.

2 comments:

  1. You probably don't remember me but I'm Andrew Webb's wife and we met just a few times. Andrew told me that you guys talked tonight and that you have a blog so I had to check it out and it is so cute! Your boy is adorable and your posts are so sweet. I don't mean to be weird or anything but I just wanted to say how cute this is and you guys will have to come to the ranch this summer and we can teach Maddox how to ride a horse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krystal, it was so good to get in touch with Webb, he's someone I look up to a great deal. Which means you as his wife must be pretty cool. Glad you like to see our little disfunctional blog. I need to do better with it. Now that I tweet everthing in the moment i forget to write. I need to do more. We'll come to the ranch for sure. I hear you guys have one on the way as well?

      Delete