Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Funny Little Quotes

One of the most fun parts of watching Maddox grow up is hearing the funny things he says. Lately he's been saying a lot. Everytime I call my mom and update her she always says, "you need to be writing these down." So I decided that I would start listing them as they happen.

Maddox loves talking about people's physical features. For some reason right now he notices people's hair quite a bit. The other day he told me that someone he knows who's bald is old. I asked why he was old and he said, "because he has no hair. Daddy, you're new, you have lots of hair."

He also loves cars. Summertime is a great time to see car shows all over the Salt Lake Valley or Utah County. We stop in every chance we get. He always yells, "look dad, it's a CLASSIC CAR!!!" Or my favorite when we leave and are driving on the road he'll see like a 2001 Dodge Caravan or something and yell, "LOOK DAD, IT'S A CLASSIC VAN!!!" Recently he's started to try and talk like a 'car guy.' "Look dad, that's a 97-90 9er!" Basically throw in a few numbers and it sounds like you know what you're talking about, you usually need to finish with a 9er at the end though. It gets me everytime. Just the other day we were at the movie theatre in the parking lot and we saw a 67 99er. It was freakin legit.

He's also been learning to pray for things that really matter to him. For example; his grandma Patty has a room that no kids are allowed to go in. This is a serious offense that can render significant consequenses. Maddox's little cousin "LaLa" as he calls her, is always breaking that rule and getting into trouble. During his prayers the other night he said, "...and Heavenly Father, please bless LaLa that she can stay out of Grandma Patty's room." I was so proud of him, he was showing so much concern and regard for his little cousin's well being. He was worried for her.

The little man is full of gems like these. I'll try to do a better job of keeping track of them. Maybe I need to get him his own twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment