Tuesday, April 10, 2012

4 Years Old

Maddox turns four this week. It's a happy time, I'm excited to see him enjoy the company of his friends and family, to get his presents, and to be the center of attention for a couple of days. The two birthday thing is about the only good product of a divorce, and I'm happy for him that he gets to enjoy it. He deserves it. But at the same time his birthday is tough for me. With each passing year he becomes a little more independent, he grows and progresses in so many ways. Another year means he's growing up too fast. His last birthday seems like it was a few weeks ago. In the last year he's started pre-school, in about a year he'll be starting kindergarden. I love to see all the new things he does and the great little boy he's becoming, but a part of me is constantly weighed down by this worry that it's all passing me by too quickly. Either way I'm glad I get to watch him have fun and eat some cake. Happy Birthday Maddox. (pics to come next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment