Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Basketball Player

I've already written on this blog about my son's love of basketball so I won't go more in depth on that in this post. This last weekend my mom purchased him a basketball uniform. He wore it all weekend, he loved putting it on and shooting hoops in it. Sunday afternoon we were sitting down watching the Spurs/Grizzlies game. Maddox was so happy to have a uniform on, I think he really felt like he was a part of the action. A few minutes into the game he poked me on the arm and said, "daddy?" "Yes Maddie?" I responded. "Daddy, I need you to draw my name on my muscle," pointing to his cute little upper arm. I realized he was talking about how he wanted to be a basketball player, and basketball players need tattoos nowadays to be taken seriously. I couldn't stop laughing, my little dude just wants to be a legit basketball player. I told him that not all basketball players "have their names drawn on their muscles." But I'm afraid it's becoming more and more difficult to find any on tv that don't.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I see a new Laker player here. Such interest for a young boy. In just a few years, he could be playing with kids in the neighborhood, and a few more and perhaps he'll be shooting the lights out at the Staples Center.

    Jennine Stalder @ UESports.com

    ReplyDelete